- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 17
Accounts Payable Intermediate Associate
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaResponsibilities:
• Accurate posting of purchase invoices and credit notes to multiple business lines, currencies and legal entities.
• Record invoices based on US and local GAAP.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail - Purchase Orders (PO), Non-PO, Utility etc.;
• Scan invoices into a web imaging system and obtain approvals as required.
• Ensure timely settlement of supplier invoices following receipt of payment approval.
• Resolve supplier disputed items or queries with the assistance of AP supervisor and local country accountants.
• Process and reviewing T&E claims to ensure correctly coded and in accordance with policy.
• Liaise with travelers on expense queries and system queries.
• Ensure compliance and consistency of internal control policies in respect to their procedures.
• Gather and review supporting documentation for Internal and external audits.
• Ensure OFAC approval obtained for all new suppliers before setting up in ERP
• Advise manager on any unresolved or frequent issues that arise that may impact their areas.
• Participate and or Assist in assigned projects and all testing for process changes.
• Additional Ad-hoc duties/projects as assigned by immediate manager
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Suggest and implement process improvement ideas
• Perform process reviews and identify potential gaps or risks in the process; and suggest controls
• Prepare MIS, dashboard and other process related reports on timely basis
• Identify training needs and prepare training pack for the team
Global Accounts Payable
• 1-3 years Accounts Payable experience. (AP Workflow)
• B Com / M Com / CA Inter / MBA in Finance
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of Concur (electronic expense report processing tool)
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Good interpersonal skills
• Language skills preferred
• Must have knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft Financial systems
• Must have good organizational and follow-up skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Shift timing - 1pm to 10pm (EMEA shift); open to work for extended hours
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.