Compliance Controls Testing - AVP
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 20 Aug 17
Compliance Controls Testing - AVP
At Deutsche Bank, good compliance is everybody's responsibility. The Compliance department's core functions support good compliance practice to prevent and detect violations of all applicable laws, rules and principles that observe high standards of individual behaviour and business conduct.
Working closely with the business, compliance professionals ensure that our risk based programme is both globally effective and locally anchored to our key divisional businesses. As an independent and robust second level control function, the Compliance Department seeks to manage compliance risk and deepen the culture of compliance at Deutsche Bank through the development and management of strategies that are sustainable and increases the trust of our clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The primary objectives of the Controls testing AVP is to:
- conduct effective, objective, risk-based controls testing in order to provide assurance that DB is in Compliance with regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures;
- highlight real and potential regulatory deficiencies to DB stakeholders;
- Assist in reducing the risk of public or private regulatory censure or other sanctions against the Bank; and
- Identify and remedy any behavior or activity that may have a detrimental effect on the Bank's customers.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and success of this new discipline from the outset. The role is responsible for:
- Collaboration with various Compliance stakeholders to ensure the implementation of adequate and effective controls testing programme for APAC that meet both BaFin and local regulatory requirements;
- Executing L2 controls testing programme and assisting desk reviews in Hong Kong, and providing support/guidance for desk reviews and at the non-hub offices; the opportunity for travel to other jurisdictions may be available
- Ensuring that all issues raised in CCT have adequate remediation plans that are tracked and escalated promptly and appropriately;
- Developing relationships with the relevant Business Management offices, Divisional Control teams and Infrastructure functions;
- Providing training, as required;
- Sharing best practice and learnings with CCT colleagues globally;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of appropriate Management Information to inform Senior Management of pertinent matters, in line with global Deutsche Bank/Compliance/CCF/CCT standards;
- Liaising regularly with relevant businesses, Line of Business Compliance and other colleagues to remain abreast of developments as it pertains to CCF/CCT; ensuring stakeholders are aware of the likely impact on L2 controls testing programme and implementing changes where necessary; and
- Assisting in any ad-hoc projects and tasks as necessary.
Skills & Qualification:
- A minimum of 6 years testing, Compliance, auditing or regulatory risk management/advisory experience within a financial institution, regulator and/or similar environment;
- Experience of global equities and corporate products is an advantage
- Educated to degree standard - relevant professional qualifications a plus (e.g. CPA, CFA);
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- An ability to influence and communicate clearly and effectively on regulatory matters to key stakeholders at all levels in a variety of media;
- Strong collaborative team player receptive to exchange of ideas and constructive criticism;
- Good knowledge of banking and securities laws, regulations, directives and regulatory expectations;
- The drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- The ability to generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo;
- Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity; and
- Sound judgment, alongside strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize effectively.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.