Analyst/Associate, Application Support
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 16 Aug 17
Analyst/Associate, Application Support
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
A technically strong candidate who will provide level 2 support to the users of the Global Market activities' information system, focusing on the VOL business activity, Warrants Market Making and Cross-asset solutions products for sales, traders and operations.
Working in a DEV/Ops setup, the candidate will be spending 70% to 80% on Support and 20% - 30% developing solutions as part of a feature team. Will attend daily scrums and actively participate to regular prioritisations, sprints and retrospectives
The candidate will formalize end users' day to day problems; assesses the criticality/priority of these problems and treat them accordingly. Escalates to the next level if need be; Gives effective and regular feedback to the end users. Will transform problems to user stories add it to the product backlog for prioritisation and task building
Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency.
Reports regularly on issues to direct management, follows ITEC (Information and Technology Department) processes closely on incident, problem and request management, adheres to the code of conduct
- Manage users' requests and incidents flows by gathering the information from the different communication channels (trading floor live interaction; phone; other). Deliver IT Support services relying on ITIL framework and core processes.
- Using his/her technical skills assist in building effective monitoring systems by using the information system's monitoring tools. Ensures tools are in line with our needs and takes initiatives to improve their efficiency.
- Leads investigations to resolve problems independently, have the technical ability to troubleshoot and debug code, search log files. Will have strong UNIX and SQL skills to check system errors and generate reports, scripting abilities to assist with the platform extensions, automate monitoring, error detection, participate with the DEV in building solutions or improving the core chain used by the business activity.
- Engage and improve the Follow-the-Sun model and leverage on our global setup working closely with our Paris and New York offices.
- Seeks feedback on escalated problems to follow up and update the end users. Liaise with other ITEC and GTS teams to consider clients' needs/expectations/issues. Organize and lead follow-up meeting with different parties (users and partners). Formalizes problems and escalates to the next level of support or global teams when need be.
- Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, and take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency. Provides support to others peers when necessary and train the new joiners on the perimeter.
Key Skills Areas and Knowledge Required
- BSC in Computer Science/Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Good communication and organizational skills, analytical mind
- Able to manage pressure by accompany business requests while seating on the trading floor
- Good knowledge on both UNIX and Windows environment. Good knowledge on SQL
- Good scripting skills, python, shell
- Ability to read code, write basic JAVA, .NET and C#
- Fluent in English
- Reliability and rigour
- Good knowledge on Global Markets activities with a focus on Volatility business
- Proactive / Innovative
- Excellent attitude towards work, colleagues and management
- A performer, demonstrates best qualities and ability to learn quickly