- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 16 Aug 17
DevOps AnalystThe Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) Account Team within the Technology Division provides technology solutions for all trading businesses of Macquarie Bank worldwide. The CGM Risk Service Operations team is responsible for supporting the end-to-end stack used by the trading and other businesses, with support from Infrastructure and Application specialist groups.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on and motivated person to join a talented team to assist in the delivery of service to a global 24 hour trading business. The role would particularly suit someone who likes to work in a fast-paced environment and who understands the need for appropriate process and controls to minimise production incidents. The successful candidate will gain a deep insight into financial markets trading technology.
• provides front line trading systems support for traders and clients on a broad range of issues
• investigates problems beyond own area of knowledge, applying a broad business focus
• co-ordinates problem resolution and the implementation of changes in accordance with established change procedures
• co-ordinates changes and key operational activities like business resilience tests
• pro-actively implements operational process improvements including documentation, process automation, capacity management and alert reduction
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• experience in a customer-facing, technology focused role
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• sound judgement and decision making skills
• ability to write programs, scripts and SQL statements from scratch with relatively complex logic
• ability to think analytically and troubleshoot technical issues
• ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• ability to make independent decisions within generally defined parameters
• ability to learn quickly
• an enthusiastic can-do attitude and a desire to take ownership of assigned tasks and issues
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate proficiency across the following;
Experience in change and incident management as well as production environment monitoring would be a plus but not mandatory.
Apply using the appropriate channel and if you need further information please call Chirag Bhojani on 02 82324419
Corporate Operations Group (COG) supports and enhances the value of Macquarie through the creation of an efficient, scalable operating model. COG partners with the businesses to deliver operational excellence through business-aligned and high-quality support services with a focus on managing cost and risk.
Advertised: 21 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time