- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 16 Aug 17
Backend/Automation EngineerThe Cyber Security group is a rapidly growing area within Macquarie with increasingly sophisticated and automated solutions for Identity and Access Management, Cyber Threat Detection and Cyber Assurance.
The Cyber Security DevOps team is a newly formed team within the Cyber Security group that is looking to provide the existing Cyber Security teams with a development capability to:
- Build bespoke security solutions
- Automate and integrate existing third party security products
- Increase the use of Chatbots to automate our operations tasks via our ChatOps platform.
- Operate and maintain a cutting edge Cyber Security data lake in AWS.
- Build modern operational dashboards and reports
- Opportunity to work on a variety of software development tasks in the Cyber Security domain.
- Join a newly formed DevOps team which is part of the fast growing Cyber Security group.
- Previous exposure to Cyber Security not required
- Permanent opportunity
Cyber Security is experiencing a boom at the moment as the need for strong security controls becomes increasingly important and the level of knowledge/tools required to combat security threats increases. Cyber Security has moved beyond being a policing function to an exciting space full of technically challenging software problems. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to Cyber Security and apply your generalist software development problem solving skills in way that adds real value to Macquarie.
Specific Technical Skills
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Test Driven Development
Working knowledge (or willingness to learn)
- AWS experience - across breadth of AWS services
- Integration patterns and tools (Camel, REST, JSON)
- Shell Scripting (Bash etc)
- Secure coding best practices (OWASP Top Ten)
- Analytics / Reporting / Dashboard Building (Tableau / Kibana / Splunk)
- Agile SDLC - enjoy high paced team environment with strong, self driven, SDLC disciplines
- Strong writing and documentation skills
Apply using the appropriate channel and if you need further information please call Chirag Bhojani on 02 82324419
Corporate Operations Group (COG) provides specialist professional services, human resources, workplace infrastructure, and technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. The primary purpose of COG is to support and enhance the value of Macquarie through the creation of an efficient, scalable operating model. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions which comprises of Business Improvement and Strategy Division (BIS), Business Services Division (BSD), COG Business Management, Human Resources Division (HR), Market Operations and Technology.
For more information visit macquarie.com/career
Advertised: 01 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time