Senior Consultant - Data and Analytics - Defence Focus
See job description for details• KPMG Analytics and Information Management (AIM)
• Expressions of interest opportunity for Melbourne
• Value Diversity? It's what sets us apart
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people to indicate if they are interested to join us and who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Working in Analytics and Information Management you'll be mixing with some of the brightest minds while working on significant commercial and government projects - solving real world problems.
Your new role
• Working with leading organisations on Defence focused Information Management projects to solve strategic Data Governance, Quality, Master Data, Analytics & Data Warehousing challenges
• Helping our clients to achieve value from their data through projects that provide solutions across Data Strategy, Migration, Operating Models, Requirements & Architecture
• Engaging directly with our clients through interviews and workshops
• Applying your experience towards understanding the data challenge; using innovative and creative techniques to find solutions; and report writing and presentation skills to demonstrate findings
• Developing outputs that address technical analytics and business consulting topics, where you'll be responsible for sharing insights with business stakeholders in a clear and articulate manner
• Build on your study experience to become an information management specialist by joining this successful team and helping achieve the ambitious growth strategy
• Exposure to leading edge Information Management architectural patterns including big data analytics, data lakes and cloud based solutions from leading vendors including Microsoft, IBM, SAP, Oracle, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
What you bring to the role
• Relevant industry or consulting experience in an Information Management, technology or related discipline.
• A broad understanding of industry frameworks and concepts that are relevant to data and analytics: governance, process and procedures, centres of competency, conceptual data modelling, and data quality management.
• Experience across industry platforms for Information Management from vendors including Oracle, IBM, Microsoft and SAP.
• Excellent business analysis, stakeholder engagement and communication skills - You'll be passionate about delivering high quality work.
• An ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience - We're looking for talented people, team players and progressive thinkers who can communicate their ideas convincingly.
• An ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and to build strong client relationships.
• Australian Citizenship and eligibility for Australian Government Security Clearance (mandatory).
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 26 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 18 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time